Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, March 28, 2008

True to My Word.

I promised to come back today.......Why did I do that? Moving real furniture all day for two days in no way resembles moving mini furniture! The carpet is stretched and so am I. And I'm slightly frazzled besides. Needless to say this will be short. Picture show coming right up.

How about a couple of oldies but goodies? This one is one that I did some years back. I asked my husband for a hand held color TV for Christmas one year. Not because I wanted to carry it everywhere I went to keep up with the soaps. It is a real working TV in this room box. To the left of the fireplace you will see a black outline. It is hard to see but that is the TV!

The guy on the couch is a burglar. He has the safe above the fireplace open and there are jewels and money spilling out of his valise sitting on the floor by the Van Gogh. That was covering the safe before he took it down. He is taking a break from the break in. He has cheese and crackers and a glass of the home owner's best wine. He has the current TV Guide in his hand. George the cat sneaked into this one. He is sitting on the white chair waiting for a hand out. Never mind that his owner is getting robbed......

When I first did this room box I had it at a show. I went into the display room and noticed that there were several men gathered around it. I thought "Wow! Men like this one!". Wrong again....They were all watching a football game that was on the mini TV!

This lamp was made at an Iowa State Day a few years ago. I went back to visit a friend that lives on the very edge of the Mississippi River on the Illinois side and we went to state day on the Iowa side together with a group of mini friends that all got together on the net. Great fun!

I made the building and had it pretty much done on the outside when I got home. My husband took on look at it and said "Can I have that?" It now sits in the living room by his favorite chair. It is a golf shop called"Above Par Golf Shop"


The guy standing on the porch is my husband, dressed in plus fours and an argyle sweater and socks. The two cats on the porch with him are Mookie and our other cat Widget.

The shop is fully stocked with golf sweaters, hats, visors and a rack of golf clubs behind the door. You can't really see them in the photo bur there are chocolate chip cookies and a cup of something not specified on the counter.

These were taken with our old camera. I am going to have to take some new ones with the better camera. Just not today, please?

It's time for the frazzled woman that can't type anymore to take a nap. See you tomorrow. Hopefully I will still be alive and writing.......

No comments: